Tuesday 24 January 2012

Laynes Espresso @ leeds

Laynes Espresso @ Leeds City Center 24/01/2012

After hearing only good things about Laynes espresso I though it only right I go try them out myself. It’s a little espresso bar/cafĂ© located on new station street, just behind the yates on boar lane


Upon entering there seemed to be 3 staff, including the manager(his name escapes me) and a customer sat by the window. My group decided on what we were having and were told the coffees would be brought over to us.

While beginning to drink the manager started talking to us and soon got into a very good conversation about coffee and that he used to carry out audits for part of the company I work for, and that he used to work a long side the man who carried out my head barista training.

The Coffee
Heavenly, is the only word to describe the flat whites I had. Yes, I enjoyed the first so much I had to have another.

It is obvious Laynes take their word very seriously, which I love to see in a standalone coffee shop. They use specialty beans, which change every so often, and if you like the ones used that much, you can buy some for home use!

They also hold coffee evenings for teaching everyday Joes how proper coffee is made( I also plan on going to one of these is the near future)


Over all 4 drinks were ordered in my group and each was as flawless as the previous, all with super detailed latte art.

I have to say, Laynes will be my new coffee house of choice, and if you are in Leeds for the day, passing through daily for the work commute, or just in the neighborhood I strongly advise you to go get a coffee from them.

5/5 indefinitely

you can hook me up at @baristablogsuk as usual, or sign up to the blog by inputting your email address up top!

1 comment:

  1. Can't disagree, for someone with next to no coffee knowledge Laynes atmosphere and passion has turned me into a coffee fanatic. great people, great place and best of all great coffee!

    ReplyDelete